Watch all talks on-demand from REMIX Summit Perth 2023, hosted at the WA Museum Boola Bardip and AGWA — presented in partnership with the City of Perth and the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries.
The 20+ unmissable speakers include:
- May Khuen Chung – Director, NATIONAL MUSEUM OF SINGAPORE
- Adam McGowan – Director, Industry Initiatives, CREATIVE AUSTRALIA
- Joanna Garner -Senior Story Creative Director, MEOW WOLF (USA)
- Street artist RONE, who has just sold out a 6-month experiential art installation, Time at Flinders Street Station in Melbourne
- Dorothy Di Stefano, Curator & Global Thought Leader Immersive Experiences & Digital Art, LinkedIn Top Voice, Founding Circle, World Experience Organisation & named as one of the “5 Most Influential Women to Watch in 2022”
- Jody Malam – Creative Director, OUTERNET GLOBAL (UK) a new billion pound creative precinct featuring “the largest digital exhibition space in Europe” – Forbes
- Hon David Templeman MLA, MINISTER FOR CULTURE & THE ARTS
- Barrie Barton, Urban Visionary & CEO, RIGHT ANGLE & GOLDEN AGE CINEMA
- Hannah Matthews, Director/CEO, PERTH INSTITUTE OF CONTEMPORARY ARTS (PICA)
- LORD MAYOR Basil Zempilas, City of Perth
- Helen Simondson – General Manager, WA MUSEUM BOOLA BARDIP
- Colin Walker – Director, AGWA (ART GALLERY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA)
- Shelagh Magadza – Executive Director, Culture and the Arts, DEPARTMENT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT, SPORT & CULTURAL INDUSTRIES
Singapore is tapping into the cultural and creative industries combined with its strengths as a travel hub to develop an innovative tourism offer and brand. Its vibrant art museums and culture scene has grown into a world-class offering and the NATIONAL MUSEUM OF SINGAPORE is a key part of that. The museums’ Director, May Khuen Chung will talk about the Singapore journey and how the museum has developed innovative new experiences through innovative collaborations with partners including teamLab.
Creative Australia launched to great fanfare last week marking a new chapter for the arts and Creative industries in Australia with a ‘modernised Australia Council and a bold new chapter for arts and creativity, a new First Nations-led Board, Music Australia, Writers Australia, and Creative Workplaces’. We are delighted that Adam McGowan, Director, Industry Initiatives, CREATIVE AUSTRALIA will be joining us as well as Katy Alexander, Manager, Digital Culture Programs.
Immersive art sensation MEOW WOLF (US) are probably the most talked about organisation in the arts right now – described as a as “a multimillion-dollar dream factory” by the New York Times with over 3 million visitors in the last year. Joanna Garner, Senior Story Creative Director at Meow Wolf will speak about the creative vision that drives the company which has just opened its fourth location.
Jody Malam is the Creative Director of OUTERNET (UK), a new billion-pound creative precinct featuring “the largest digital exhibition space in Europe” (Forbes) and described as London’s “most anticipated new venue” (Rolling Stone). Pushing at the boundaries of art and technology their extensive digital culture program includes partnerships with the Royal College of Arts and Marina Abramovich among many others. Find out about more about what is claimed to be the most advanced public building on the planet.
For six months thousands of people flocked to the abandoned upper levels of Melbourne’s Flinders Street Station to witness the incredible experiential art installation ‘Time’ by leading street artist RONE. A team of 120 people came together to develop an “eerie space that you’re never really sure is real or not” (The Guardian). He might just be the nearest thing Australia has to Banksy.
Named in the “5 Most Influential Women to Watch in 2022” and the “10 Most Influential Women Leaders of 2021”, DOROTHY DI STEFANO is one of the world’s foremost voices in immersive, interactive, and digital art curation working on projects around the world such as the Noor Riyadh Art & Light Festiva. She is a global thought leader and as one of the most followed creators on LinkedIn she was recently named a ‘Top Voice’ by the social network. She is also part of the Founding Circle of the World Experience Organisation.
Click here for the full line-up and on-demand access